Last Modified 29/07/2016
What Information Do We Gather?
We gather both ‘personal information’ and information that is not personal information.
“Personal Information” includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable, for example, your name, age, gender, address, telephone/fax number, email address or any information you submit to the Jersey Mike’s website that identifies you individually.
You may choose to disclose Personal Information, which may be maintained as described below. This website may collect Personal Information about you by methods such as the following:
If you are offered the opportunity to enter a promotion, to become a registered user of the Jersey Mike’s website, or to opt in to receive Jersey Mike’s information through another site, you must apply by filling out the registration form on the site. This form requires certain Personal Information that may include, without limitation, your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, areas of interest, product usage, and/or a unique individual password known only to you.
Transactions and Activity
If you become a registered user or if you conduct transactions through this website, we will collect information about the transactions you engage in while on the website and your other activity on the site. This information may include, without limitation, areas of the website that you visit, transaction type, content that you view, download or submit, transaction amount, payment, and billing information as well as the nature, quantity and price of the goods or services you exchange and the individuals or entities with whom you communicate or transact business.
Email and other voluntary communications
You may also choose to communicate with us through email, via our website, by telephone, in writing, or through other means. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may be Personal Information.
When you visit our website, our server also makes a record of your visit and may log the following information depending upon the features you access or use on our website:
- your name;
- your mailing or street address;
- your email address;
- your telephone number and other contact details;
- your age or date of birth;
- your credit card information;
- your server IP address;
- your top level domain (for example .com, .gov, .net .au, etc.);
- the pages you accessed and the documents downloaded;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- information you provide to us through your use of the website including when purchasing goods or completing customer surveys;
- the previous site you have visited;
- the type of browser you are using;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
Why do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
Disclosure of Information
- our related entities, employees, contractors or agents, business partners or third party sites;
- others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- our professional advisors;
- our marketing agencies;
- organisations that acquire all or part of our assets or business;
- government and regulatory authorities; and
- our information technology provider for the purpose of storing, monitoring and modifying our data.
Jersey Mike’s does not provide Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties for their use in marketing directly to you. If you engage in any transaction with us (such as ordering online), we will only disclose this information to affiliates or our owner/operators with your consent. Jersey Mike’s may use unaffiliated companies to help it maintain and operate its website or for other reasons related to the operation of its business, and those companies may have access to your Personal Information but only for the administrative purposes of monitoring and maintaining our website. Finally, Jersey Mike’s may disclose Personal Information about you in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorised subpoena, court order, warrant , or as otherwise permitted by law.
Jersey Mike’s will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party providers comply with the APPs, or are subject to a law or scheme that is at least substantially similar to the way in which the APPs protect personal information.
The Jersey Mike’s website's server, or the servers of companies that are used to operate this site, may place a "cookie" on your computer in order to allow you to use the website and to personalise your experience. A "cookie" is a small piece of data that can be sent by a web server to your computer, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow us to recognise your computer while you are on our website and help customise your online experience and make it more convenient for you. Cookies are also useful in allowing more efficient log-in for users, tracking transaction histories and preserving information between sessions. The information collected from cookies may also be used to improve the functionality of the website. Most web browser applications (such as Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome and Firefox) have features that can notify you when you receive a cookie or prevent cookies from being sent. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalised functions of this website.
What Do We Do With the Personal Information We Collect?
Jersey Mike’s may use the personally identifiable information collected through its website primarily for such purposes as:
- helping to establish and verify the identity of people using this website;
- opening, maintaining, administering and servicing accounts or memberships of those using this website;
- processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- providing services and support to persons using this website;
- improving the website, including tailoring it to the preferences of persons using this website, including you;
- providing persons using this website with product or service updates, promotional notices and offers, and other information about Jersey Mike’s;
- responding to your questions inquiries, comments and instructions;
- responding to your inquiries if you would like to receive or provide information to allow us to evaluate your application to become a Jersey Mike’s franchisee;
- maintaining the security and integrity of its systems.
Jersey Mike’s uses the information collected automatically by its servers primarily to help it administer and improve its website. We may also use aggregated anonymous information to provide information about its website to potential business partners and other unaffiliated entities.
How Do We Protect the Personal Information We Collect?
Jersey Mike’s maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help guard Personal Information. If transactions are offered on the site, transaction information is transmitted to and from Jersey Mike’s in encrypted form using industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) connections to help protect such information from interception. Jersey Mike’s restricts authorised access to your Personal Information to those persons who have a legitimate purpose to know that information to provide products or services to you and those persons you have authorised to have access to such information. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorised interception. We require user names and passwords to access sensitive data. Unless you authorise unencrypted transmission, we will use industry standard encryption methods to protect your data transmission.
We only retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and we are required to keep it to comply with any laws. We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify Personal Information which we no longer need. These measures may vary depending on the Personal Information held.
The provision of Personal Information by you is at your own risk. On our receipt of your Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of your Personal Information on our systems.
How Do You Opt Out?
If we receive your Personal Information from you directly, we may provide marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by email and telephone in accordance with applicable laws such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth). In order to provide service to you, we may also send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of its website. From time to time, Jersey Mike’s and its affiliates may also wish to send you other messages or updates about our website, Jersey Mike’s, our affiliates, or their promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction/security related communications from Jersey Mike’s and its affiliates, please use our contact form to let us know.
If you do not wish to receive email marketing messages, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. In addition, every email correspondence Jersey Mike’s sends contains instructions on how to stop additional marketing emails.
We may disclose, transfer or store personal information collected by us outside of Australia to our web hosting providers, data centres and/or payment processing providers located in the United States of America, which may include Jersey Mike’s Franchise Systems, Inc., among others. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the APPs.
How Do You Correct and Update Your Personal Information?
You can change or correct your Personal Information at any time by providing a request in writing. We may require some verified proof of identification before releasing or correcting any Personal Information. You can update your Email Club settings by emailing us at email@example.com.
Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why.
We take the accuracy of your Personal Information seriously. If you are aware that the information we hold relating to you is inaccurate, incorrect or out-of-date, please contact us using the form below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
We may charge you a reasonable fee for searching for and providing access to your Personal Information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to update your Personal Information.
This website is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. Jersey Mike’s will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom Jersey Mike’s knows to be under the age of 13. Jersey Mike’s does not solicit or knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If Jersey Mike’s nevertheless discovers that it has received Personal Information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom Jersey Mike’s otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, Jersey Mike’s will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child's parent or legal guardian may request that the child's information be deleted from our files by requesting this via email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your Personal Information, you can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
What If You Have Questions?